At Alvéole, we install urban beehives while educating thousands of businesses, organizations, schools, and families about bees and beekeeping along the way.
Ultimately, we want to make people fond of bees, which in turn will lead to them falling in love with nature and building awareness about the impact that each and every one of us can have in preserving our environment. We’re a B Corp founded in 2013 and active in Canada, the United States and Europe.
What's in It for You?
- A team environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Alvéole family
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their work as you are
Equity, diversity and inclusion
Much like the way a beehive comes together to achieve its goals, we believe that the diverse skills, personalities, backgrounds and past experiences of every Alvéole team member are key components to our growth, wellbeing, and shared goal of making people fall in love with bees.
We have the privilege to serve unique cities and are dedicated to developing a workforce that reflects the spaces in which we live and work. As such, we encourage applications from persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to creating a place where all feel included, and recognize that this is a work in progress.
Reporting to the Beekeeping Team Manager, the Urban Beekeeper manages a selection of client accounts and cares for their hives.
Start date: August 29th, 2022
Role and responsibilities
- Manage a selection of client accounts and act as their main point of contact throughout the season for onboarding, communications, coordination, and contract renewals.
- Manage all of your clients’ beehives, including rooftop installation of new hives, swarm prevention, routine maintenance, pest and parasite control, and educational workshops.
- Follow standard operating procedures to provide quality service, practices, and client experience.
- Responsible for meeting the objectives set by the Beekeeping Team Manager and keeping them informed of their progress throughout the season.
- Build relationships with businesses, schools, and other organizations through in-person and online communication tools.
- Represent Alvéole and our mission to clients, media, and members of the public.
- Promote our services in articles, media interviews, and PR sessions.
- Assist the Beekeeping Team Manager with the maintenance of yard hives.
- Sell and promote Alvéole’s products and services at markets and events.
- Organize, clean, and maintain equipment, supplies, and warehouse space throughout the season.
- All other tasks related to running operations for the city.
- Valid driver’s license
- Participation in a 10-day training camp in Manitoba/California
- Commitment to learning the principles of beekeeping through company training and personal initiative
- Public speaking experience an asset
- Comfortable with the reality of beekeeping hazards (stings, heavy lifting)
- Comfortable working at heights
- Comfortable with online communications and using G Suite tools