Extraction & Production Team - Denver
Are you interested in bees and would you like to work producing local urban honey? Alvéole has a sweet deal for you! We’re presently looking to fill 4 positions on our honey extraction and production team in Denver for the 2022 beekeeping season.
This is a temporary position, available from June to November.
At Alvéole, we install beehives across cities and educate companies and schools about bees and beekeeping. We’re out to make people fall in love with bees, which in turn will make them fall in love with nature, and completely change their sense of responsibility towards the environment.
We’re a B Corp founded in 2013, now active in thirteen major cities in North America.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
Much like the way a beehive comes together to achieve its goals, we believe that the diverse skills, personalities, backgrounds and past experiences of every Alvéole team member are key components to our growth, wellbeing, and shared goal of making people fall in love with bees.
We have the privilege to serve unique cities and are dedicated to developing a workforce that reflects the spaces in which we live and work. As such, we encourage applications from persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to creating a place where all feel included, and recognize that this is a work in progress.
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: From $18.00 to $21.00 per hour according to experience
Roles and responsibilities:
- Uncap honey frames
- Operate the machines in the extraction line
- Unload the honey boxes from trucks
- Clean the extraction room
- Jar honey
- Label honey jars
- Pack pallets of jarred honey
- Assist in the facilitation shipments of honey across the United States
- Organize the different sections of the production room and keep them tidy at all times
- Handle matters related to the production, assembly, pacing, personalization and shipping of products
- Track inventory
- Ensure irreproachable quality control
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Good team spirit
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks
- Can handle heat and heavy lifting (40 pounds)
- Available (full time) from June 2022 to November 2022