Urban Beekeeping Assistant(s) - TORONTO
You’re interested in bees and would like to work producing local urban honey? Alvéole has a sweet deal for you! We’re presently looking for collaborators to help and assist our urban beekeepers harvesting our local honey in a city near you.
This is a temporary collaboration for a duration of 5 weeks at 37.5 hours/week, starting August 29th.
At Alvéole, we install beehives across cities and educate companies and schools about bees and beekeeping. We’re out to make people fall in love with bees, which in turn will make them fall in love with nature, and completely change their sense of responsibility towards the environment. We’re a B Corp founded in 2013, now active in Canada, USA and Europe.
Assist urban beekeepers in their harvest tasks:
- Accompany a beekeeper to harvest honey boxes from client bee hives located on rooftops and/or ground level sites
- Support client communications and provide for successful interactions while on client sites
- Assist beekeeper to load and unload honey boxes from trucks and onto pallets in the warehouse
- Assist in shipping logistics of honey boxes to centralized extraction facility
- Attention to detail
- Good team spirit
- Customer service
- Enjoys repetitive tasks
- Can handle heat and heavy lifting (40 pounds)
- Comfortable around bees
Deadline to Apply: July 29th, 2022